Client register data file
When acquiring the National Library card you will pledge to follow the rules of National Library of Finland. At the same time your customer information is attached to National Library customer registry (person file description).
Data types included in the file
- Identity number - borrowers rights and obligations can be carried out, if borrower can be identified unambiguously.
- Customer group - different groups have different rights to library's collections.
- Contact information is needed for reminders to work. The customer has to make sure that contact information is up-to-date.
- Permanent address in Finland is a requirement to be a customer in library.
- Temporary address can be included to your contact information for fixed period. Letters wil be sent to the permanent address when the fixed period is over.
- Phone number(s) can be included to your contact information. The libary can call to the customer in special cases.
- Email address can be added to your contact information. In that case part of the Helka letters will be sent electronically. The library will not guarantee that email is delivered: e.g. library will not resend an email which is not delivered because of full email folder.
You can check your data in the registry by visiting National Library.
Changes in the customer file
You are responsible of keeping your customer information up-to-date in the library system.
You can inform the changes in your contact information via The Search Service. Email will be updated immediately and address data will be updated in a few working days. In an urgent situation please contact the library. If your name or identity number has been changed, please present the correct documents in the library personally.
Removing data from the file
Addresses which have been proven to be incorrect (also email addresses) will be removed from the customer file.
Customer information is removed from the register every year. Your data will last in the registry about three years from the last loan.